bEcosystems, Inc. (dba bCommunities), referred to as “us”, “we” or “our”, is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms of Service and any other documents referred to on it) sets the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully so that you can better understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This policy may change. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “last updated” date above. If there are material changes to this Policy, we will notify you more directly. We encourage you to check this Policy whenever you use our Web sites and services to understand how your personal information is used.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Information that you provide us by completing forms on our site www.bCommunities.com and in the platform (our sites).This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or subscribing to our service including contact details such as name, email address and phone number.
- Information that you upload to, or share through, our site by using our services including profile information or any personal information in data that you upload
- Information that you provide us by completing surveys on our site or as carried out by our approved third parties
- Information you place on our servers (personal and business ecosystem Information). Information is data that you place on our servers, such as the names of your collaborators and ratings of members of your network.
- Information you exchange with other bCommunities members. Collaboration Information is data you agree to provide to members of your network such as project terms and payment terms.
- Information we glean by associating Registration Information with marketing data we gather from third parties.
- If you contact us for customer or technical support, we may keep a record of that correspondence or conversation.
- Information that you provide us when carrying out transactions through our site including payment details such as credit card information and billing addresses.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide our services and features to you, to measure and improve those services and features and to provide you with customer and technical support.
- To contact you with any service-related announcements from time to time.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information concerning our products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you by email unless you have opted-out of receiving this information.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide you with advertisements concerning our products and services.
- To provide you with advertisements from third party partners we believe will be of value to you as a Light Edition user.
- To monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns, and track User Content and users as necessary to comply with the law.
- To send you Service-related notices (including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail). We may also use your contact information to send you marketing messages. If you do not want to receive such messages, you may opt out by following the instructions in the message itself. If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses.
- You also provide us information in User Content you post to the help and main websites. Your questions, answers, and other contributions on the forums and articles contained in those Sites, and metadata about them (such as when you posted them), are publicly viewable on the Sites, along with your name (unless the Site permits you to post anonymously). This information may be searched by search engines and be republished elsewhere on the Web.
- If you choose to use our invitation service to invite a other people, companies, friends to the Service, we will ask you for their email address, name and automatically send an email invitation. bCommunities uses this information to send this invitation email, to register this information into your Directory, and to track the success of our invitation service.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Also, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer when you browse our sites. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
To use the service of bCommunities, cookies are not required. So you may refuse to accept our cookie by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting, this may adversely affect your user experience of our site on the login pages as you have the option of allowing the browser to remember such information.
How you can change or remove information
You may change or remove your profile information displayed through your account at any time by going to your profile or settings and editing your information. For further details access http://help.bcommunities.com
If you want to stop using your account you may deactivate it. When you cancel an account, you will not be able to use our service and your information will not be available to you. However, even after you cancel your account, others will still have access to data you’ve shared with them through the application. This information includes but is not limited to projects and tasks you shared with them, communications exchanged, etc. Files you or your employees uploaded to the platform but not shared with others will be deleted permanently. We may also retain other information such as your name and contact data as backup copies for legal and compliance reasons.
How We Protect Your Information
bCommunities is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect and preserve the integrity and security of your information from unauthorized access. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored Personal Data (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
bCommunities fully complies with the highest US and European privacy standards and has chosen partners that also adhere and are certified Safe Harbor companies. The Safe Harbor program was developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Union. Our certification is in progress.
Where we store your data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers operated by us or our third party providers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. bCommunities employees nor any of its contractors will ask you for your password via mail, email or telephone nor any other unsolicited manner.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
- If you do something illegal on our Site, and we are made aware of it, we may turn your Contact Information over to law enforcement.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. In accordance with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) bCommunities does not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from nor solicit children under the age of thirteen (13) years of age. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information.
We encourage minors under the age of 13 to seek permission from their parents before using our App and Site.